Monday, August 20, 2007

Poor Tony...


I can't believe I did this! Today, after work, I got into my car which had been parked under the sun for more than 8 hours, cursed the hot weather, and started my car... and then, something caught my eye. Wait, what was that thing in my back seat? OH MY GOD!!! It was my cello Tony (Yes, I named my cello! I said it!) which I totally forgot to take out since yesterday. I went to grocery shopping after the band practice last night and I was paying too much attention unloading my grocery bags (and being over excited about the sweet Mexican pastries I got) that I totally forgot to take the cello out afterwards! How could I have done this? I am an idiot! I flew home and got Tony out of the car; I was so scared I almost couldn't open the bag to examine the dead body. I am not kidding, as I unzipped the bag I totally smelled BBQ. Poor Tony, still intact, not falling apart yet, was obviously over-heated and had gone completely out of tune. I left it outside to cool down a little bit and then re-tuned it... Seems like Tony is all right so far, but I have to wait and see if it still plays OK later, otherwise I'll have to send it to the cello doctor. This whole thing almost gave me a heart attack! Sorry Tony, I am the worst mom ever...

No comments: