Sunday, August 12, 2007

Art Unleashed 2007


It's just way too hot today (um, 102 degree to be exact)... some of my girlfriends went to Race for the Cure first thing this morning and I totally, totally respect them. I didn't go, but I had my reason and I wasn't really chilling at home either. I didn't realize the deadline for submitting artworks for the annual Art Unleashed is next Friday and I had to crank up some artwork for it during this weekend. Art Unleashed is an annual live and silent auction, with 100% of the proceeds going to benefit for The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City. This is gonna be my 4th year of donating artworks to Art Unleashed and I always have a lot of fun doing it. Since there were some sawing, sanding and stinky staining involved, I had to do some work outside at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I thought my skin started to smell like BBQ and was gonna peel off myself because of the sun, but at the end it was all worth it. I used whatever I could find around the house (cause it was too hot I didn't want to go out) and did a mixed media artwork titled "Tag Team". I liked how it turned out so I did another one for myself to keep. (I don't know why but I love drawing luchadors!)

If you are in the KC area and want to buy some unique original artworks and help the animals at the same time (and there will also be lots of yummy food to enjoy), you cannot miss Art Unleashed, which is scheduled for Friday, August 24, at the Uptown Theater. It's a super fun event. For detailed information and to purchase tickets, please click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oy oy...cute little nips!
-sander