Saturday, August 18, 2007

Brian Barneclo




Brian Barneclo is a San Francisco based artist. I used to live in San Francisco and till today I still take yearly trip to the city by the bay which is so close and dear to my heart. I saw Brian's limited edition screen prints for sale in Recchiuti Confections (which, by the way, makes chocolates that are too pretty to be eaten) at the Ferry Building, and I had to get it. I love how his artworks reflect the spirit of the city and its people, as well as the way he combines colors with the graphic quality. According to the artist's website, his latest big work is a huge 225 foot neighborhood mural in San Francisco's Mission district in 2006, and it's paid for by the people... how cool is that? I don't know how I could have missed it during my last trip, maybe it wasn't done yet at that time, but I have got to see it in person next time when I go there! You can go to Brian's website to read about the artist and see more of his amazing artworks.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love Brians work and ability to cover not only any tthing in site with his flavor, but he has a great personality to back up his work. We felt extremly honored to have been able to feature some of Brians work on our chocolates for folks to enjoy on a more tactile level.

Great Post,
Cheers-Michael Recchiuti