Sunday, September 23, 2007

Plaza Art Fair

I went to the annual Plaza Art Fair yesterday afternoon. The weather couldn't be any better, and the whole area was so packed, it took me 40 minutes to park my car. But it was all worth it. There were so many artists' works I would love to collect, but due to my budget, I ended up spending only about $125.

Here are what I got: a totally cute and goofy robot named Edgeworth made by local artist Anthony Pack using found objects (I also bought one of Anthony's artwork last year)...


... and a limited edition of acrylic and pencil on canvas painting by Chicago-based artist Gabe Lanza. The artwork I bought is actually connected to a special art project called project PARTIVATION which Gabe will be posting more about on his blog after the art fair is finished).

7 comments:

Natascha Rosenberg said...

Oh! great! The robot is amazing.

Catalina Alvarez said...

Wow!! I love this robot!
Your blog is plenty of amazing links!
Ragards,
Cata

Aspa said...

You always find these cool thing Flora. I specially like the robot print.

maura said...

i really liked Gabe's work too. I ended up talking to him for a while. Turns out he collects robots too!

Faux LeRoy said...

Robots are so much fun. Following these links makes me want to go and make stuff. Hah hah, I guess that's a sign that it's good art. Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate the feedback. I just graduated and want to do illustration so feedback on work is always wonderful.

Alexiev said...

Great robot... beatiful...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar
Alexiev Store

Diane Duda said...

I heart that robot so hard!

di